Throughout the financial year, the Investor Relations department provides comprehensive information to all capital market participants. In performing this work, it applies the guidelines of customer-centred capital market support. In particular, this involves:
- Topicality: assurance of information leadership
- Continuity: consistency in external communications
- Credibility: dissemination of completely accurate information
- Equal treatment: all recipients receive the same information at the same time
The fixed dates for regular reporting form the framework for capital market communications. The financial year began with such communications efforts as the announcement of the sales results for the past financial year in October 2014. During the annual business press conference and a conference call for analysts and investors on 16 December 2014, METRO AG presented the annual report covering business developments during financial year 2013/14. A month after the end of each quarter, METRO AG held a conference call to inform capital market participants about the previous reporting period. The conference calls can be followed live online and are available along with a presentation in the Investor Relations section of METRO GROUP’s website. The associated reports are also available there. The Investor Relations department informs the public about additional relevant developments in the Investor News section.
A capital market event took place in Berlin on 6 May 2015. Presentations and tours of the respective locations of all sales lines provided participants with an opportunity to obtain comprehensive first-hand information from management representatives.
During financial year 2014/15, the Investor Relations department continued its direct dialogue with shareholders, potential investors and analysts through presentations in all key financial markets in Europe and the United States. 10 conferences in New York, London, Munich, Berlin and Paris as well as 16 roadshow days in 7 countries supported the group’s capital market communications. In addition, analysts and investors had the opportunity to assure themselves about METRO GROUP’s high-performance capabilities during store visits at the METRO GROUP headquarters in Düsseldorf. Given the growing interest in sustainability issues, METRO GROUP also organised a special event for a group of sustainability-oriented investors at the end of September 2015. METRO GROUP receives frequent requests for discussions with company representatives and visits of company locations, reflecting the high level of interest in the group.
The private investors in METRO AG are another significant shareholder group. They constitute the largest number of investors. Their central and practical source of information is the Investor Relations section of METRO GROUP’s website. The web presence was comprehensively modernised and updated during financial year 2014/15 and includes, among other things, insights into the company’s strategy and business development, new publications as well as an archive of annual reports dating back to the establishment of METRO AG in 1996. In addition, investors can contact the Investor Relations department directly. The Annual General Meeting provides shareholders with the opportunity to learn more about METRO GROUP and see the members of the Management Board in person. During the Annual General Meeting, the Investor Relations team is available for discussions with investors present at the meeting.
What speaks in favour of the METRO share?
With METRO shares, investors acquire a stake in METRO GROUP, one of the largest and most international retail companies in the world with
- METRO Cash & Carry – a leading international player in self-service wholesale trade,
- Media-Saturn – number one among consumer electronics stores in Europe,
- Real – one of the leading hypermarket companies in Germany,
- a presence in more than 30 countries with an exceptional market position in both growth countries and mature markets around the world,
- a comprehensive internet presence combined with a multichannel strategy that offers customers added benefits,
- a focus on profitable growth as well as sustainable, systematic value enhancement,
- markedly improved net debt,
- high internal financing capability,
- a return on capital exceeding its sector average and
- an attractive dividend.
Contact Investor Relations
40235 Düsseldorf, Germany
Phone: +49 (211) 6886‑1051
Fax: +49 (211) 6886‑3759