Throughout the year, the Investor Relations department provides comprehensive information to all capital market participants. In performing this work, we apply the guidelines of contemporary capital market support. In particular, this involves:
- Topicality: assurances of information leadership
- Continuity: consistency in external communications
- Credibility: dissemination of completely accurate information
- Equal treatment: all recipients receive the same information at the same time
The fixed dates for regular reporting form the framework for capital market communications. The financial year began with such communications efforts as the announcement of the sales results for the past financial year in October 2013. During a conference for analysts and investors on 12 December 2013, METRO AG presented the annual report, covering business developments for the short financial year 2013. About a month after the end of each quarter, METRO AG held a conference call to inform capital market participants about the previous reporting period. The conference calls can be followed live online and are available along with a presentation in the Investor Relations section of METRO GROUP's website. The associated reports are also available there. We inform the public about additional relevant developments in investor news.
In financial year 2013/14, the Investor Relations department presented our company in all key financial markets in Europe and the United States. Nine conferences in New York, London, Munich, Berlin and Paris as well as 15 roadshow days in nine countries supported the group’s capital market communications. In addition, analysts and investors had the opportunity to assure themselves about METRO GROUP’s high-performance capabilities throughout store visits at the METRO GROUP headquarters in Düsseldorf. Nearly 200 meetings were held with more than 500 investors. This is evidence of the high level of interest in METRO GROUP.
The numerous private investors in METRO AG are another significant shareholder group. They constitute the largest number of investors. Their central and practical source of information is the Investor Relations section of METRO GROUP’s website. The web presence includes insights into the company’s strategy and business development, new publications as well as an archive of annual reports going back to the establishment of METRO AG in 1996. In addition, investors can contact the Investor Relations team directly. The Annual General Meeting provides shareholders with the opportunity to learn more about METRO GROUP and see the members of the Management Board in person. During the Annual General Meeting, the Investor Relations team can be approached directly.
What speaks in favour of the METRO share?
With METRO shares, investors acquire a stake in METRO GROUP, one of the largest and most international retail companies in the world with
- METRO Cash & Carry – an international leader in the cash-and-carry business,
- Media-Saturn – number one among consumer electronics stores in Europe,
- Real hypermarkets – one of the leading hypermarket companies in Germany,
- Galeria Kaufhof – market leader in the department store segment in Germany and Belgium,
- a presence in more than 31 countries with an exceptional market position in both growth countries and mature markets around the world,
- a comprehensive Internet presence combined with a multichannel strategy that offers customers added benefits,
- focus on profitable growth as well as sustainable, systematic value enhancement,
- high self-financing power and an above-average return on capital employed in industry comparison.
Contact Investor Relations
40235 Düsseldorf, Germany
Phone: +49 (211) 6886-1051
Fax: +49 (211) 6886-3759