Throughout the year, the Investor Relations department provides comprehensive information to all capital market players. In performing this work, we apply the guidelines of contemporary capital market support. In particular, this involves:
- Topicality: assurances of information leadership
- Continuity: consistency in external communications
- Credibility: dissemination of completely accurate information
- Equal treatment: all recipients receive the same information at the same time
The fixed dates for regular reporting form the framework for capital market communications. These communications efforts began the year with the announcement of sales results for 2011 in mid-January 2012. On 20 March 2012, the annual report covering business developments in 2011 was presented during a conference call. A month after the end of each quarter, METRO AG held a conference call to inform capital market participants about the previous period. The conference calls can be watched live online and are available in the Investor Relations section of METRO GROUP’s website along with a presentation. The associated reports are also available there.
In 2012, we continued our direct dialogue with shareholders, potential investors and analysts through presentations in key financial markets in Europe and the US. 5 conferences in Paris, Frankfurt and New York as well as 24 road show days in 11 countries supported the Group’s capital market communications. In addition, analysts and investors have an opportunity to learn about the Company’s high-performance capabilities by visiting the headquarters of METRO AG in Düsseldorf. The focus of these visits includes store tours that serve as a chance to demonstrate the conceptual strength of the sales lines of METRO GROUP.
Private investors are another significant shareholder group. They constitute the largest number of investors. Their central and practical source of information is the Investor Relations section of the METRO GROUP’s website. This section underwent a revision at the end of 2012. The aim was to make it easier to find relevant information. The online section includes insights into the Company’s strategy and business development, new publications as well as an archive of annual reports stretching back to the establishment of METRO AG. In addition, investors can contact the Investor Relations team directly. The number of queries climbed once again in 2012, rising above the level reached in 2011. During the Annual General Meeting, the department’s employees stand ready to talk with investors.
In 2012, METRO GROUP once again received several awards for its investor relations work. METRO AG again ranked first in the trade sector in Thomson Reuters’ European Extel survey – both in the individual and in the team assessment. For the ninth consecutive time, the international business magazine “Institutional Investor” presented METRO GROUP with the award for the best investor relations work in the European trade industry. In a competition called “Best Investor Relations Germany”, the magazine “Börse Online” ranked METRO AG fourth among MDAX companies.
This and other awards demonstrate to us that comprehensive, transparent information about the capital market is essential even amid difficult market conditions and is recognised by the market.
What speaks in favour of the METRO share?
By purchasing METRO shares, investors gain a stake in METRO GROUP, the world’s fourth-largest retail company, with
- METRO Cash & Carry – the international leader in cash & carry,
- Real hypermarkets – one of the leading hypermarket companies in Germany,
- Media-Saturn – No. 1 in consumer electronics retailing,
- Galeria Kaufhof – leader in the department store segment in Germany and Belgium,
- a unique portfolio of commercial real estate properties,
- a presence in more than 30 countries with an exceptional market position in both growth countries and mature markets around the world,
- focus on profitable growth as well as sustainable, systematic value enhancement,
- high self-financing power and an above-average return on capital employed in an industry comparison,
- attractive, continuous dividends.
Contact Investor Relations
Phone: +49 (211) 6886‑1051
Phone: +49 (211) 6886‑1936
Fax: +49 (211) 6886‑3759